The Prayer Ministry of Forty-Fifth Street is a pro-active prayer ministry and the goal is to saturate the church body, ministries, and staff of Forty-fifth Street in prayer on a regular and consistent basis.
I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame. Psalm 34:1-5
Father, we are here to praise and worship You through prayer:
- Please touch us as we pray, and may all distractions be removed during this time as we focus on You.
- Thank You for Your Hand of blessing on Forty-fifth Street and may we never disappoint You through our praise, our worship and the ministries You have assigned us. May everything we say and do bring honor and glory to Your Name.
- Give us faith to stay humble; and may everything that is accomplished be established on Your Word.
- Thank You for Your presence and protection; help us to be an obedient church-a church that stands on Your Truth, and lives by Your standards.
- May we be a loving and giving people, always ready to share our abundance with others without hesitation.
- Father, as we pray for Forty-fifth Street, we thank You for the armor Your Word has promised and the instruction it gives:
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the work of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-11,14-18
In Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name. 1 Chronicles 29:12-13
Father, we are thankful to serve such a glorious God! Help us learn to be thankful in all situations, whether trials or peace; whether abundance or little; whether healthy or ill -may we praise the God of creation for Your presence in our life during every situation. Help our individual and corporate worship times be an opportunity to bow our hearts and meet You.
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and You in Me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me. John 17:20-23
Forty-fifth Street Ministerial STAFF
- Please set a guard around The Pastor as he prepares, studies, and delivers the messages You have placed on his heart.
- By the preaching of Your Word, may lives be transformed. Reveal to each worshiper what he or she needs to know and understand as Your Word is preached.
- Use the worship services to expand Your Kingdom. Please draw people to Your Throne of Grace, and may this be a place for people to hear your Word and grow in their relationship with You.
- Continue to give The Pastor and the leadership of Forty-fifth Street passion and courage to seek Your direction and will for Forty-fifth Street at all times.
Father, thank You for the Associate Ministers and their willingness to support the Pastor and the church body.
- Father we pray for each of our Deacons and their families. Please guide them and give them strength to be outstanding men of character and devotion. Give them enough followership to support the Pastor and his vision for the church. Give them enough leadership to be exactly what scripture requires of them in this position of trust.
Administrative Business Council
- Father we know that you are a God of order and that you require us to be good stewards of all that you give us. Please guide these men and women to maintain the integrity and disposition necessary to keep the business of your house running properly. But we also pray for them to remember that the business of the church is people and that good fellowship is good business.
- Father we ask you to bless the administrator who maintains the day to day affairs of the church in the manner that is proper and provides the leadership which is necessary for this position. We ask you to allow the business teacher to be the Holy Spirit and that he allow follows his teacher’s advice.
Pray for our Sunday School teachers and Life Group classes.
- That they would teach the word of God and minister to those in their flock. Pray especially for the adult classes. Pray for every adult class to have an active care group ministry to assist the teacher in ministering to the class.
- Pray for the hearts, minds and souls of our children and young adults. There are so many lies and evil influences in our society that can snare one’s soul into the grasp of the evil one. Pray that our church teach solid biblical truth, even when it is unpopular.
- Place a shield of protection around the musicians , and the Choirs, as they lead in worship. Give them pure hearts and a passion to guide people into a worship experience that gives the spiritual nourishment they need.
Youth and Children’s Ministries, Nursery and Motions Ministries
- Father, we pray that you will minister to all the leaders of these ministries-as they seek to lay biblical foundations for our preschoolers and children. May the fundamentals of all teaching and training guide them to respond to God’s love and call on their lives. May sharing Your love be the passion of the Teachers as they prepare and teach Your Word every week.
- Thank You that we live in a nation where we have the freedom to bring requests for our National, State, County and City governments before You. Hear our prayers and heal our land from all unrighteousness as we seek Your face.
- May our leaders seek wisdom and guidance from Your Word, and Godly counsel; help them to gladly do right, and remember Your ways as they make decisions.
- We pray for The President ‘s willingness to submit to Your authority and lead our country wisely.
- Protect our nation from evil, and give us courage to turn from the strategies of the enemy that lead us away from You.
- Thank You for the sacrifice of our military and their families; set a hedge of protection around them, and keep them safe under Your care as they serve our country.
- We ask for Godly wisdom for our military leaders as they work to keep our nation free and safe.
- May the members of our armed forces be filled with courage to face each day and may they trust in the Lord’s mighty power to accomplish each task.
FORTY-FIFTH STREET PRAYER CONCERNS
Music and Worship
- Amara (grace) Ensemble
- Singing Churchmen
- Children’s Choir
- Glory—Adult choir
- Sound Assistant
- Visual Assistant
- Camera Support
- CD/DVD Assistant
- Web Page Assist
- Social Media
- Bethesda Ministry (homebound visits)
- Barnabus Transportation Team (pick-up and drop off of members for doctors appointment)
- Mail Call Military Ministry (sending cards/ gifts to overseas personnel)
- CATALYST-College/Career Support Ministry
- Healing Touch (Wellness Ministry)
- Ignite Couples Ministry
- Touch Point Prayer Ministry
- Safety/Security Support
Youth and Children
- Special Events
Blast (children’s ministry)
Impact (youth ministry)
Revelation Station (children’s church)
The Depot (youth fellowship)
Boy Scouts _____Girl Scouts
- Office Volunteer
- Culinary Ministry (kitchen)
- Event Set-up Team
- Transportation Ministry
- Building and Grounds Support
- Bible Study /Life Group Teacher
- Computer Lab Assistant
- Vacation Bible School
- Parent University (back to school fair)
- Old-fashioned Hymn Singing
- Family and Friends Day
- S.T.A.I.R. (afterschool tutorial)
- Mentoring Program
- MOMENTUM mature adults ministry
- L.I.N.C. (Prison Ministry)
- Helping Hand– Community Service Ministry
Fun and the Son Ministry
- Recreation and Wellness
- Fit4newlife (aerobics classes)
- Celebrants (Softball)
- Crimson Pride (Flag Football)
- Halle Hoopers (Basketball)
- Holy Rollers (Bowling)
- Servants with a Twist (SWAT) (youth step team)
- Undignified Praise (adult step team)
- Messiah’s Valuable Puppets
- Messiah’s Minis (children’s praise team)
- Vessels of Praise (youth praise team)
- Virtue (adult praise dance)
- A Sign From Heaven (Sign language)
- Silent Praize (mime team)
- Senior Women
- Nurses Guild
- Women’s Ministry
- Men’s Fellowship