Notes by Deacon Anthony Sparks
Speaker: Pastor Sparks
- How are you able to choose Jesus amid all the clutter & confusion of other religions, beliefs, doctrines, etc?
- You learn how to narrow your focus usually at home; you’re taught by the testimonies of those close to you
- Many of the wealthiest people don’t have to show it because they have clear vision; you don’t have to “peacock” your wealth. Most times the ones “peacocking” it are only full of feathers
- Your values help shape what you do with the resources you have
- Some people are wealthy and live a good life, AND they use their resources to bless other people
- Not what you say, but what you spend your money on tells the most about you
- Why invest so much in stuff that’s easily corrupted or decayed?
- Correct values mean I’m not going to do anything illegal or immoral to get money; correct values means I’m going to invest my time & energy & resources on things that have eternal value: taking care of my family, helping those less fortunate, introducing people to Christ, etc.